Yield: 15 cookies
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cellar Door Preserves - any flavor or a variety, for filling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla, then add dry ingredients in two batches until incorporated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop 1” balls onto prepared baking sheets. Press a thumbprint into center of each ball, 1/2” deep. Fill with a small spoonful of preserves.
- Bake until edges of cookies are golden, 13 to 14 minutes. Cool on baking sheets before serving.