Rhubarb Vanilla Jam Tart - By Cellar Door Preserves
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 sticks (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 Jar Cellar Door Rhubarb Jam with Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Reserve 1/4 cup almonds in a bowl for topping. Finely grind remaining 1 3/4 cups nuts with sugar in a food processor.
- Add butter, flour, and salt, then process until mixture resembles sand. Add 1 cup flour mixture to reserved almonds. Add beaten egg to remaining flour mixture and pulse until mixture begins to clump together.
- Transfer mixture from processor to a 9- by 1-inch round tart pan (for smaller tarts use a muffin tin) with a removable bottom. Press mixture with floured fingers onto bottom and up side of pan and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes (10 minutes for small tarts).
- Rub reserved almond mixture in bowl between your palms to form small clumps.
- Remove tart shell from oven and spread jam over bottom. Sprinkle almond mixture over jam and bake tart 15 minutes. Cool tart in pan on a rack. Loosen side of pan with a knife, then remove it.