Use any jam, and feel free to substitute the cream cheese with goat cheese.
This inspiration for this recipe came from Cathy Barrow's wonderful book Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry.
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 box phyllo dough sheets, defrosted in refrigerator
- 1 jar of Cellar Door Preserves, any flavor
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Unroll the phyllo dough onto the counter or a large cutting board. Carefuly remonve one sheet of dough and place in on a clean, dry surface. Brush the sheet with melted butter, don't worry if it tears. Place a second sheet over the first and brush with more butter. Repeat this two more times until you have 4 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Slice the sheet into 3 inch squares. Place one teaspoon of preserves and about the same amount of cheese in the center. Gather the edges together to form a little bundle - the butter should keep it together. Do this for remaining squares. Place on baking sheet with parchment when finished.
- Preheat over to 400.
- Bake the bundles for 4 to 8 minutes, until slightly browned. Serve warm or at room temprature - these won't last long.