- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- 3 cups cream
- Cellar Door Strawberry Jam or Strawberry Jam with Aged Balsamic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup of softened butter, and cut into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.
- Add 1 1/4 cups cream, and mix to a soft dough. Knead the dough for one minute on a lightly floured surface, then roll out to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass cut dough into rounds.
- Grease a baking sheet with some butter. Melt remaining butter and brush on the rounds.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile beat the remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- To serve place biscuits on a plate, spoon Cellar Door Strawberry Jam over the biscuit until covered, top with the whipped cream.